Brussels, Belgium - Six manufacturers have collaborated at Labelexpo Europe 2013 to illustrate recent advances in flexographic printing. The manufacturers produced two versions of an image to demonstrate the quality and complexity which flexography can produce. The images--produced on conventional paper and a metallic substrate using widely available equipment and technology--include microprinting, scrollwork, metallics, QR Codes, and process colors.
Collaborating on the project were:
- Color-Logic, which produced the images using their Color-Logic Design Suite.
- Clemson University, which printed the images on the Omet press in their Sonoco Institute of Packaging and Graphics.
- MacDermid, which provided the necessary flexographic plates.
- Harper, which furnished the anilox rolls.
- Flexo Concepts, which provided the doctor blades.
- ACTEGA WIT, which provided the inks and coatings.
Printed examples of the complex images are being distributed at Labelexpo Europe 2013 in Brussels, Belgium, September 24-27, and are available directly from the collaborators.