Author: Jennifer Matt
Date Published: March 30, 2015
This is the second of a three-part article covering three characteristics of a thriving print business in 2020. In the first article I covered the idea of diversification; in this article I will cover the idea of being engaged in the online channel.
Let’s start with what being online does NOT mean.
1) Online does not mean you are seeking to compete with Vistaprint for $9 business card orders from strangers.
2) Online is not necessarily about drastically changing the products you sell.
3) Being online is not primarily about your business (internal focus); it’s about how you engage with your customers (external focus).
4) Online is more than just trying to sell stuff there (e-commerce).
5) The online channel isn’t something you can continue to ignore.