I said it during the 2010 Successful Web App Metrics Event and I’ll say it again…I’d rather have 100 highly engaged followers than 100,000 unengaged followers.
The more engaged the follower, the more likely they are going to exchange value with you…whether by subscribing to your blog or actually paying you money for your product or service.
But how do you get that quality following without buying followers or simply following 1,000 people and hoping they follow you (which is a terrible strategy)?
Well, you can have this sort of following in just 20 days, only spending 20 minutes a day, and by engaging in the following activities.
- Day 1 – Create A Short, Unique Name
- Day 2 – Show Your Face
- Day 3 – Create Your Bio
- Day 4 – Give A Specific Location
- Day 5 – Build A Nice Twitter Background
- Day 6 – Start Tweeting
- Day 7 – Time Your Tweets
- Day 8 – Follow People You Know
- Day 9 – Follow Your Friends’ Friends
- Day 10 – Reply To People
- Day 11 – Compliment People
- Day 12 – Retweet
- Day 13 – Find Trending Hashtags
- Day 14 – Use Hashtags
- Day 15 – Host A Twitter Question And Answer
- Day 16 – Share Your Twitter Handle Everywhere
- Day 17 – Go On A Tweeting Frenzy
- Day 18 – Write A Guest Post
- Day 19 – Host A Tweetup
- Day 20 – Run A Contest
Read the full article including daily steps and descriptions at KISSmetrics: http://blog.kissmetrics.com/quality-twitter-following/?goback=%2Egde_1935280_member_107801136