Alpharetta, Ga. (June 19, 2012)—Neenah Paper (NYSE: NP) is participating in HOW Design Live 2012, a five-day intensive gathering of more than 2,500 graphic design professionals seeking inspiration, information and instruction, as one of its longest running sponsors and also as an exhibitor. The mega event, taking place June 21-25 in Boston, features four conferences geared towards designers, freelancers, creative team managers and other creative professionals.
Neenah will exhibit at two of these conferences, including:
- HOW Design Conference – the main conference at HOW Design Live that aims to ignite creativity, help attendees develop unstoppable design skills, sharpen their tech savvy and forge powerful connections with other designers from around the globe.
- The Dieline Package Design Conference – where experts and innovators discuss challenges, opportunities, creativity and trends in package design.
Both conferences are co-located at Hynes Convention Center in Boston, providing attendees with the opportunity to meet, mingle and network with a diverse mix of designers, speakers and sponsors. Neenah’s biggest role will be at the HOW Design Conference as the paper company is co-sponsoring the closing ceremony and exhibiting at two separate booths throughout the tradeshow. In addition to its standard Neenah paper exhibit in the main exhibit hall, Neenah also will showcase the latest and greatest in paper specification technology at the Neenah Cabinet™ technology booth located near the Adobe exhibit.
“We’re thrilled to be the longest continuous sponsor of the HOW Conference, putting us right up front in the exhibit hall where we can share Neenah’s latest creative paper goodies with fresh, new designers and long-time friends of Neenah,” said Thomas Wright, senior director of advertising and design for Neenah Paper. “This year’s messages are extra special for us and we’re exhibiting in two spaces to bring them to life. First, we want to make sure everyone gets to touch, feel and see our beautiful papers and selling tools. Second, we’ll unveil and demonstrate even more helpful technology tools for designers’ desktops and iPads. Our goal at Neenah has been to leverage technology and this dedicated booth showcasing our new technology tools is a first at HOW.”
All of Neenah’s booths will be open throughout the shows. For specific booth hours, visit HOW Design Live schedule. Following are the highlights at each booth:
- Neenah Paper Booth – HOW Design Conference
Neenah’s paper booth will be front and center again this year with all of the conference’s leading sponsors. As attendees enter the main exhibit hall, they will immediately see the creative Boston-themed booth and recognize the Neenah branded bags. Neenah will give away thousands of bags, which are a favorite for attendees to use as they visit other booths and pick up additional tradeshow items. Neenah also will give away 100 limited-edition posters designed by five HOW Design Conference speakers, among other prizes, and showcase all of the latest and greatest in fine paper products. HOW speakers include: Mikey Burton, creative person for Mikey Burton Design & Illustration; Von Glitschka, illustrative designer at Glitschka Studios; Aaron Draplin, sole proprietor of Draplin Design Company; Justin Ahrens, creative director for Rule29 Creative; and Kody Chamberlain, writer, artist and graphic designer working mostly in comics and graphic novels. For profiles on the speakers/poster designers, visit: http://www.neenahpaperblog.com/.
- Neenah Technology Booth – HOW Design Conference
Located near the Adobe exhibit, Neenah’s technology booth will showcase how technology can help designers better utilize paper. The highlight of Neenah’s technology booth will be the unveiling of one of Neenah’s most innovative computer applications yet. Throughout the show, the Neenah team will provide demonstrations of the new application and all of its intuitive features. Visitors will be encouraged to play a variety of interactive games to help determine their personality types and see the benefits that the new product will provide them based on their habits. Neenah also will give away a free iPad to one lucky visitor.
- Neenah Packaging Booth – Dieline Package Design Conference
Neenah’s packaging booth will show designers how premium packaging papers can add value on the shelf. The booth will include packaging samples for viewing in a wide range of color, finish and environmental options that can be applied to many packaging applications.
For a complete overview of the specific products that each Neenah booth will feature, please see the Neenah Booth Product Overview document. And visit http://www.neenahpaper.com for more information about Neenah Paper.
About Neenah Paper
For more than 100 years, Neenah Paper (NYSE: NP) has been an innovative leader in the creation and manufacturing of premium, specialty and sustainable papers used for premium writing, text, cover, private watermarks, and specialty needs. The Neenah signature portfolio includes market leading brands such as CLASSIC®, ENVIRONMENT®, CRANE® and SUNDANCE® Papers, and in 2012 the company added the ASTROBRIGHT® and ROYAL Brands. The company also produces envelopes in thousands of unique styles.
Neenah is committed to developing relevant mobile and online technologies including the Neenah Paper Cabinet™ for Desktop tool and the new Neenah Cabinet™ for iPad app. With multiple manufacturing facilities in Wisconsin, prime importance is also placed on recycled and alternative fiber products through the Neenah Green initiative. Visit http://www.neenahpaper.com/ for more information or call (800) 558-5061. Follow Neenah Paper on Twitter: @neenahpaper; subscribe to the Neenah Facebook page; or visit Neenah’s blog, Against the Grain.
Neenah Booth Product Overview
Neenah Paper Booth – HOW Design Conference
In addition to the free Neenah bags and other giveaways, Neenah’s paper booth will highlight the latest and greatest in premium papers, including:
- The CLASSIC Brands “Perfect 10” – last fall’s refresh of the four CLASSIC Papers brands, including CLASSIC CREST®, CLASSIC® Linen, CLASSIC COLUMNS® and CLASSIC® Laid Papers, provides a simplified platform of premium papers that are complete, consistent and compatible. They feature 10 common colors, or the Perfect 10, offered across all six paper finishes of the four brands; new Eggshell and Stipple finishes added to the popular CLASSIC CREST® brand; and heavier cover weights and an extensive digital offering are available with all of the Perfect 10 colors and finishes. All four brands also include common green certifications, including FSC® certified, Green-e certified, made Carbon Neutral Plus – and recycled papers that are Green Seal™ Certified and made with a minimum of 30 and 100 percent post-consumer fiber.
- CLASSIC Writing, Text & Cover Tool Kit – Neenah’s inspirational go-to guide showcases the variety of design alternatives and combinations available with the CLASSIC brands in one easy-to-use resource. Created to provide inspiration for every step in the paper selection process, the Tool Kit features:
— Large clean paper swatches of each of the Perfect 10 common colors across all six finishes (60 samples in all)
— Creatively blended paper color palettes, like a mood board for quick color and texture ideas
— A sheet cut calculator to help designers and printers figure out how they can optimize the number of finished pieces they will get out of a sheet of paper, minimizing cost and waste
— An envelope guide to help with the envelope selection process
— True-to-life design project examples that feature combinations of the CLASSIC Papers colors and brands derived from the mood boards/color palettes
- ASTROBRIGHTS® and ROYAL Brands – Neenah recently added ASTROBRIGHTS Papers, the market leading brand in the bright, vivid color segment, and the complimentary textures in the Royal brand family, adding scale and breadth to its Fine Paper portfolio.
Neenah Technology Booth – HOW Design Conference
Neenah’s technology booth will include the following:
- New Product Launch – Neenah will unveil a new computer application and provide demonstrations on the new product at the technology booth throughout the show.
- iPad Giveaway – Neenah will give away a free iPad to one lucky visitor through HOW’s Passport contest. Passport encourages attendees to visit every exhibit booth, obtaining a stamp at each stop. By visiting the Neenah technology booth, visitors will be eligible to win an iPad from Neenah.
Neenah Packaging Booth – Dieline Package Design Conference
The Neenah packaging booth will feature the latest trends in packaging, including these recent box and bag enhancements:
- Neenah’s ENVIRONMENT® Folding Board – The newly updated 100 percent Post-Consumer folding board line now includes three heavier weight calipers – 20pt., 22pt. and 24pt. – in addition to the 18pt., providing unique recycled fiber solutions for brand managers of luxury. These heavier options are the preferred products for the conversion of folding cartons because they offer greater dimensional stability, which enables the product to flow through scoring, folding and assembly processes more efficiently and provides a perfect surface for printing, embossing, foil stamping, die cutting and gluing. ENVIRONMENT Folding Board is a great green choice for premium packaging, such as folding boxes for health, cosmetic and fragrance markets.
- Neenah’s Luxury Bag Paper – Neenah’s luxury bags deliver top performance and ultimate beauty because of several important features, including increased foldability for ease in bag conversion; tear strength to aid in bag longevity; increased burst strength to allow the bag to carry more weight without failing; and higher moisture content to produce a more flexible feel. The bags now meet the minimum requirements for Post-Consumer bags. These enhancements are vital as the demand for sustainable and durable packaging papers continues to rise.